Sunday, September 13, 2009

Skowlund Visit

My sister and her family came to visit us and stayed for four days!  We had good weather and were able to do some fun things with the kids.  Landon and Kadence loved having their cousins here to play!  There are a lot of pictures in this post and I have so many more I could have posted!  It's hard when there are 4 kids-so many good ones to choose from!
One day, there was a German fest going on downtown.  We joined in the festivities and also spent some time in Falls Park that day.  The kids loved this big slide and were so patient waiting in the LONG line.
Jill and I were kind of afraid that they would get half-way up and then chicken out, but they both just came right on down!
Kadence's favorite part of the festival was this little train ride!  She didn't quite understand why she couldn't just ride it forever, so she screamed when we took her off.  I think she ended up riding on it 5 times:)  AJ didn't ride until the last ride, he was pretty unsure at first but then liked it by the end of the ride!  
We all went to the Sertoma Butterfly House another day.  We had never been there and decided to check it out.  It was beautiful in there with all of the gorgeous butterflies and plants!  The kids had a great time and somehow understood that they couldn't touch all of the pretty butterflies that were surrounding them.  I think Kadence could have stayed in there all day! She sure loved those "fufferflies."  
My camera fogged up because of the humidity but the pictures are still cute.  Here is Kadence squatting down to look at a butterfly.
Landon and Annabelle taking a break.  They were pretty proud of their butterfly stickers!  The Butterfly House is certainly a neat place, I think we will definitely go back!
Here is Aunty Jill and Annabelle and Landon excited on the way to the zoo!  The kids and I go to the zoo almost weekly, so we wanted to show the Skowlund's our zoo!  The kids had a ton of fun looking at all the animals!  They especially liked riding the Carousel and train, feeding the goats and other animals in the petting zoo, and feeding ducks.  
Here's Kadence riding in the stroller, she looks like maybe something doesn't smell real good:)
AJ was kind of in his own little world, he was pretty quiet!
And...here is what happens when you have two tuckered out little munchkins!  They must have had a good time at the zoo!!

It is so fun to have family come to visit us here!  We had such a good time and I know that the kids really enjoyed having their cousins here!

No comments: