Monday, February 8, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend

My mom and dad came for a much needed visit last weekend.  They trudged through terrible icy roads for over 8 hours on Thursday night.  I think they are a little crazy, but they just wanted to visit that bad.  They arrived at our house about 2 am Friday morning and were woken up bright and early.  The kids were so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa at their house!  I think I was more excited than anyone.
We had a fun-filled relaxing weekend.  The kids had a lot of snuggle and play time with Grandma and Grandpa and loved it.  Ryan and I even got out a few times by ourselves (this is almost unheard of in our lives right now).
There is just something great about having supportive parents around.  Ryan and I don't get many breaks or much company.  It is definitely a downfall of not living closer to family.  It is what we chose and the place we are at right now in our lives doesn't help, but knowing those things still doesn't make it any easier!  Enough of my sob story, we have a great life and in just one short year we will hopefully be on to the next step of our lives.  We had a great weekend with my parents, it just goes too fast!  I was glad they made it home safely last night.  Another long trek in crappy wintery weather!

No comments: