We successfully made a trip to Cloquet and surprised my sister for her 30th birthday. It was not an easy feat to keep the secret when I was so very excited! My family of 5 (I'm including Emma, don't get any silly ideas) hit the road about 2 pm on Friday and arrived at my parents house about 8:45. The kids were the best they have been thus far on this long car ride. We somehow managed to keep my sister from dropping by my parents house Friday night-thanks Curty! Then we showed up for the ritual family Saturday morning breakfast and Jill had no idea! It was so fun to see the look on her face! The kids each had a balloon to give her and were very excited to wish Aunty Jilly a Happy Birthday! The usual Saturday morning breakfast goers were all present-mom, dad, the Skowlunds, Peggy, Arletta, Lee, Grandma June, Jenny, Cisco, Emilio. The only way this breakfast would have been more of a success would have been to have Uncle Dave there. I miss Uncle Dave.
We had breakfast and birthday cake, then Mom, Jill, and I headed to Duluth for pedicures and some girl time. I don't think the three of us have done this in years. It was absolutely wonderful. I forgot to take pictures of the pedicure extravaganza, but I am sure you all can imagine what it looked like :)
We hung out at mom and dad's for a bit then put the kids to bed and had some fun of our own. My cousin Arletta came and babysat the kids and my other cousin Lee was up at my sisters house babysitting her kids. The 6 of us went out for dinner and drinks and had a blast. There was so much laughing, it was great. And...the best part, we told the server at Texas Roadhouse that it was Jill's birthday. It was announced to the entire restaurant and she did indeed ride the bull :) I have a feeling there will be payback in a few years.
We took some great pictures while we were waiting to be seated. We were having such a riot that I think we made everyone leave...
If you can believe it the waiting area was packed when we arrived, people were even waiting outside. This was the site after we had been there for a little while.
After a night out (130 is too late for this old lady), we had a relaxing morning with the kiddos before we had to adventure back home. These two munchkins are getting so big so fast! The 4 little ones played well together and had fun. I can't believe how fast they grow.
What a great weekend! It was mid 40's and beautiful. Ryan and I even squeezed in a 6.5 mile run on Saturday morning (6 am-his idea). The weekend went too fast like usual but it was so much fun. Much needed.
The worst rider in the car was definitely Emma. I think she needs a tranquilizer. She actually thought this spot was very comfortable. Too bad Landon didn't think the same. Thanks for the great weekend family of mine, I love you all so very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment