Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flooding.

The rain has just been constant here this summer.  This past week we had a few bad storms and many areas of the city are flooded.  There were roads closed and many people with water damage to their homes.  Thankfully, we have been dry so far.  It is amazing how much standing water there is around town in places you normally would not see it.  The river is overflowing and they have been dumping untreated wastewater into it to help with the sewage overflow.  Disgusting.  There is also an abundance of mosquitoes around with all the wet grounds.  Disgusting.  We took a trip to Falls Park because among all of the not so good things all of the rain has brought, the view at the park is a beautiful one.
I just can not believe how much water there is and how fast it is flowing.  I have also never seen as many people at Falls Park as I did last Friday when we went.
Simply beautiful.

And now, no more rain please!

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

Wow! That is a TON of water!