Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Day Made for a Princess...

The birthday girl had quite the day.  She was spoiled spoiled spoiled by the family of course.  She woke up and we let her open her presents from us right away and I don't think she stopped smiling the rest of the day.
It was pretty cute because she was having some trouble with the tape so Landon offered to help and she actually let him.  She then handed each of her presents to him to start opening and then he would hand them back for her to open the rest.  The funny thing was she had no problem opening the presents she had received in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma Limmer and the Skowlunds the day before.
Kadence played with all of her new toys while Landon was at school and then we went and picked out a cake.  She picked out what I thought was the ugliest cake, but she loved it!  I guess that's what matters.  I didn't have the energy to make her cake this year, I will make up for it next year for sure.  After a long nap, she woke up to a big bunch of balloons from Grandpa Ken and Grandma Debbie.  There was a singing balloon and she danced to the music for a long time.  I was so glad to catch it on video, it makes me smile every time I watch it.
After Ry was done studying, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for some food and fun.  It has been a Sioux Falls tradition for us to take the kids there on their birthdays and they absolutely love it.  Ryan and I laugh because the pizza is far from delicious and we always have stomach aches afterwards.  The kids love the games and have so much fun, I guess that makes up for the gut ache.  Kadence wasn't real sure about the singing and dancing Chuck E. Cheese, but was fine as long as she didn't walk close to him.
The kids had a riot dancing during "show time" and watching themselves on the TV.  Who knew Chuck E. Cheese had Beiber fever?  They sang and danced right along with the Cheese to Justin Beiber's "Baby."  Pretty cute.
I'm not quite sure who enjoyed the night more.  I had to laugh as Kadence spent a large part of her game playing time and most of her tokens on the carriage ride.  Perhaps it was my fault as I told her she was Cinderella...guess she really enjoyed riding like a princess.
We headed home for some birthday cake and ice cream.  Kadence was embarrassed when we sang to her, she's being shy lately.
Good thing she has that big brother around for constant reassurance.  After cake and ice cream it was tub time and then bed time.  What a great day!  Love celebrating birthdays and making the kids feel special!

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! Looks like you had a wonderful day!