We had a great vacation weekend back in Cloquet with my family. We were able to leave Wednesday night and spend the entire weekend there! Our kids traveled the usual way...almost no sleeping, but at least were good! Thursday we spent the day with the Skowlunds and had a good time. Annabelle and Landon had fun playing together at the park. They play really well together now and Landon always wanted to be with Annabelle!

It was really cute, Landon would get up to the slide before Annabelle and then just wait for her so that they could go down the slide at the same time!

Kadence and AJ had a good time playing together, too! They were sure good helpers:)

Friday we went to Canal Park on Lake Superior with my mom and dad. The kids had so much to look at and loved the boats! Kadence kept pointing at things she saw that she liked! I forgot how chilly it can get by the lake! When we left Cloquet it was 77 and it was 57 down by the lake! Needless to say we had to buy a sweatshirt for Landon, luckily we had one for Kadee! You'd think I didn't live there my entire life for how unprepared I was!

Landon thought it was pretty cool to look down at the water and out at the boats.

Fourth of July morning we went to the Cloquet parade. It was the first parade our kids have been to and they both had a BLAST! Annabelle on the otherhand...was scared! But look how cute she is! She stayed in the second row on Papi's (that's what she calls my dad) lap the entire time. Landon was a good cousin and shared half his candy with her!!

Landon and Kadence both loved watching all of the people and spent the entire parade waving! Landon figured out quick if you waved to the people they were more likely to throw candy your way! He LOVED all the fire trucks too! I thought Kadence would be scared, but she loved it too, and even joined in the candy fetching!

It was a gorgeous hot day, just perfect!

After the parade and naps, we all headed down to Jill's in-laws boat at the marina on Lake Superior. We had such a good time there! I was a little stressed because I was worried about the kids so close to the water when we were on shore, but they listened pretty well. We went on a boat ride and the kids just loved it!

Landon and Annabelle had so much fun together! Annabelle was showing Landon the houseboat ways and he was copying everything she was doing! They were waving to all the people, it was so cute!

We were right next to this big ship that went under the lift bridge. It was cool to watch so closely and the bridge had to go ALL the way up for it. It was really neat.

Ryan and I and the kids walked over to the sand beach and played around for awhile. Kadence was soaking wet, but had a blast. The water was freeeeezing (as usual) but we were able to walk in it a bit. I can't believe people actually swim in it! I like the smaller much warmer lakes:)

Landon stopped for a quick cheeeese:)

I just had to take a picture of the view of downtown Duluth with the hillside in the background, it's just so pretty!
If you can believe it, our kids stayed up for the fireworks. They started at about 10 o'clock and were a fabulous show! I was worried Kadee might be scared, but she loved them. She pointed to the sky and clapped the whole time! Landon fell asleep about 5 minutes in on Grandma's lap. I guess he had had enough.
Here's a picture of some of the crew. I really wasn't sleeping...just caught mid-blink:)

We had a great weekend! The best part was when we left....Grandma came with us and is staying for the week! We also had a chance to rollerblade (10 miles if you can believe it) on my favorite trail next to Jay Cooke (where Ryan and I were married). We also went and saw Jackie, Will, and Rocco at the golf course. They cooked us a great meal and we golfed a couple holes. I forgot to mention we had a great supper with Grandma June on Thursday night, and we saw the rest of the fam at the parade and a good breakfast on Sunday morning! There's always so much to do when we go home! I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment