This past weekend we road tripped it with Ryan's mom and dad to Anamosa, Iowa for vacation. We spent the weekend with all of Ryan's siblings and parents and had a great relaxing time. The car ride was the usual-Landon did not sleep a wink either way, (a total of just over 12 hours) although it seemed far less painful with Grandma and Grandpa there to entertain. We had a wonderful time although I didn't take as many pictures as I should have! I am going to try and get some from some other people and will post more later. So think of this as a preview. The kids spent some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. As you can see in this picture, Kadence doesn't love the sunlight. Also, make sure and catch a glimpse of Kristy's beautiful yard, I really should have taken pictures of the entire thing-it is beautiful. Landon and Elijah sure enjoyed looking for frogs in the pond!

Jessie's kitty was most definitely the hit of the weekend with both of our kids. They had so much fun with him and always wanted to find and play with him. In this picture, the cat looks pretty happy actually...amazing.

Friday we spent the day at the Jones County Fair with all the kids. The adults all went back later for the Brooks and Dunn concert which was really fun! Landon went on a bunch of rides, him and Elijah were definitely fair buddies. Ryan went with Landon on the things he needed help with. I think they both had a lot of fun.

Look...Landon chose Mommy's favorite color for his car...haha!

It was pretty cute, Landon and Daddy were on the carousel and Kadence was watching and would wave at them every time they went by...such a doll.

Taking a rest from running around with Aunty Arin.

It was the cutest thing, right when we got to the fair, Kadence plopped down in the middle of all the boys (strangers mostly) in the dirt and started playing cars...it cracks me up.

Some other fun things we did were: canoeing down a river, played outside a lot, had a little get together with some of Kristy and Jerry's friends/family, and just hung out and enjoyed each other! The picture below shows the famous "butt-ball" game on the trampoline. Everyone had a lot of fun...I opted out of that one! Ha! The kids all had a great time together-and the adults too:)

I took this last picture of the kitty sleeping on Landon's bed when he was asleep. I wanted to do it so I could show it to him because I knew he would be soooo excited...I woke him up in the process...oh well:)

All good things must come to an end. Thanks for the great weekend Gary, Sue, Kristy, Jerry, Jessica, Tyler, Arin, Dusty, Holly, Jack, and Elijah!
No comments:
Post a Comment