Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Full Falls.

Falls Park is overflowing right now with all of the rain we have had here.  Ryan and I don't remember seeing it this full in the summer.  It is pretty neat to see the rushing water so we have visited the park a few times in the last few days.
I always like to do comparison pictures although it does make me a little sad.  The bottom picture is from last August, it is crazy to see how much the kids have grown and changed in just 10 short months.  For whatever reason, this park never gets old.  There is so much room to run and play and the kids just love throwing rocks, sticks, and pine cones into the water.
Funny how I am so used to Landon's wild and crazy hair that I don't even notice it until I look at a photo I have previously taken!  Too funny.  We watched 2 little boys (probably around 10) fishing and one of them happened to catch a pretty good sized fish.  Landon was completely enthralled and I had a flash forward in time-seeing him and his buddy fishing!  This was great timing as we are going to be able to fish a little at Grandma and Grandpa Strasburg's lake this weekend.  If Landon has the patience to wait I think he would be thrilled if he caught a fish (no matter what size).
Landon found this nest on the ground with two baby birds in  it.  The birds were pretty little and couldn't move, so the kids sat right next to them and watched them for a long time.  It is just such a great joy to be outside and see all of the great beautiful things God has given us.

No comments: