Well, I am officially into the 2nd Trimester so thought I would announce the arrival of Strasburg baby number 3. It has been a long and sickly couple of months for me and I am hoping to start feeling better soon. I had my first OB appointment 2 weeks ago when I was 11 weeks along. I have a great physician and am excited to share the rest of my pregnancy with her.
As some of you may know, I had a miscarriage last October when I was around 10 weeks along. Not only was that a very difficult time, it makes this pregnancy a lot more worrisome for me as well. So far, everything seems to be going along as it should. I was put through a little bit of a scare at my appointment when my physician was unable to hear the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler. Even though she said at 11 weeks only 50% of the time you hear it with a Doppler, this brought back some major emotions as I was awaiting my ultrasound. Thankfully, the ultrasound showed a healthy (so far), active little baby moving around like crazy. The heartbeat was 179 which is higher than Landon and Kadence's ever were! The conclusion was that the reason the Doppler probably wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat was because the little one was so active! What a relief. The ultrasound also confirmed my December 7th due date. The baby was actually measuring 5 days ahead which is also different for me. However, unless it is a 6 day difference they do not change your due date.
We have two very excited older siblings that talk about the baby daily. When asked, they both say they want a baby sister. Here are some funny, worth remembering things that have been said at our house lately.
Landon: Mommy, why u puking?
Me: Well, I have a baby growing in my tummy and it makes Mommy not feel very good sometimes.
Landon: So you puked your baby out???
Me: No, the baby has to grow bigger and when it gets bigger, than it will come.
Landon: The baby will get bigger and come out your butt, it will be crying and I will hold her and then she be so happy.
One day Bentley (an 11 month old baby I watch sometimes) arrived at our house earlier than he usually does. Landon was still sleeping when Bentley got here. When Landon woke up, I went upstairs holding Bentley. Landon said in a very sleepy but excited voice, "Mommy, the baby come out?" Then he realized it was just Bentley. I sure hope the baby isn't that size when it comes out!!
Kadence talks about the baby in my belly very frequently. She has started giving my tummy kisses a lot for the baby-too cute. She is also very concerned about how I feel and asks if I am feeling sick and if I'm ok. She will be such a good big sister!
So...on to our next adventure. We have always liked to take on quite a bit, but we may be pushing it over the top on this one. We are praying for a healthy and happy baby everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!! We are excited for you all! I hope you start feeling better soon.
Post a Comment