Thursday, September 23, 2010

Preschool Update.

It has been a rough week and a half at our house on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  It has been the dreaded preschool drop off.  I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it through this rough transition.  Every morning we would pain through a tearful goodbye at preschool which left me in my car bawling.  On Tuesday when Landon woke up, he cried for 15 minutes telling me he didn't want to go to school and he wanted to stay home with me.  Much to my surprise, he did a little better when I left him Tuesday morning and I actually left without crying myself.  Then today, he did it!  He did not shed a single tear when we said our goodbye.  I am not sure what had changed but it was such a great thing!  Oddly, as I was walking out of the church, my eyes filled with tears-tears of happiness.  I was just so glad that he did not have to be sad today!  It is so hard to see your child sad and not be able to do anything about it.  When I picked him up from school he was so happy.  He was singing a new song he learned and was very anxious to show me his painting project and tell me that apples had stars in the middle of them.  Then when we got to the car he gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "Mommy, I didn't cry today!"  He was so excited and I was so very proud of him!

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

Poor little guy! I feel your pain. Emma has loved school until last week. A "bully" from another grade pushed her down and recess and she cried and cried and did not want to go back to school for a week. I think it is almost harder on us Moms to see our little ones so upset.
I'm so happy to hear that Landon is now liking school. Him and Emma are so much alike...both shy and sensitive!