Thursday, May 12, 2011

Prayer.

I had posted this already, and it somehow was erased...frustrating.  Well here it is again.
Ryan and I had baptism orientation in preparation for Kenzie's upcoming baptism.  At first I thought the idea was somewhat silly, but actually the class was very informational.  It also happened to be a great reminder to incorporate Jesus into your child's life even if you think they are too young to "get" it.

We usually say bedtime prayers at night and have been adding to them.  We have been asking Jesus to help us with the things we are struggling with during the day, i.e: fighting, whining, not sharing.

Today Landon was sent to time out in his room.  I set the timer like I normally do and expected to hear him crying the entire time.  Instead, after just a few seconds, he stopped crying.  I waited until the timer went off and went upstairs to talk with him.  He was sitting in his chair with his hands folded and this is what he said to me,

"Mom, I cried for a little bit, then I prayed to Jesus to help me be a good boy.  I'm sorry, Mommy.  I love you, Mommy"

Wow.  I guess they do "get" it even though they are young.

No comments: