Friday, July 22, 2011

8 Months!

Happy 8 months to our sweet Kenzie!  This little girl melts my heart every day with her big toothy smile, her scrunched nose, and her big blue-green-hazel eyes!  She has grown so fast and is a busy little girl.  She doesn't sit still for long and is on the verge of crawling.  I think I might be in trouble then.  She gets up on all fours and rocks and moves her knees and then usually falls.  I would guess within the next week or so she will have it figured out.  Her little legs are getting stronger and stronger every day.  She is also getting more brave usually only hanging on to things with one hand and even letting go completely.
Such a happy little girl she has turned in to.  It is crazy to think how cranky she used to be and the things we had to do to keep her happy as a newborn.  I just can not get enough of that brig scrunchy nose smile.
I love watching Kenzie learn new things everyday.  She loves to put the balls in her toy and watch them go around the ramp and out the bottom where she picks them back up and does it again.  She can pick up cereal or puffs and put them in her mouth to eat.  She really isn't caring for pureed food very much and has hardly eaten any at all.  I am going to start to slowly introduce finger foods to her and see if she likes that better.

Kenzie has been enjoying the pool on the deck, many stroller rides, and trips to the park.  She still doesn't love the car and cries when we go near the car and open the door, but once she is in her seat and big brother is next to her she is usually pretty content.  She loves to play peek-a-boo and gets really excited when daddy gets home from work.  The little lady has started sleeping on her tummy which makes me nervous but I think she sleeps better that way.  She's been taking better naps during the day and she even slept from 9:30-6 last night.  This is the best she has done and I only had to put her nuk in one time!  I doubt this will continue but it sure made for a refreshed mommy this morning!

Love her to pieces!

No comments: