My little dancing girl. Kadence had her very first dance class today and was so excited. Kadence has been dancing around for the last 2 years of her life. I was excited to start her in an activity that seems to suit her so well. We bought her dance shoes today at the mall and happened to meet another little girl that was going to be in her class. She insisted on carrying her shoes through the entire mall and was ecstatic. I can honestly say I have never seen her so excited about anything. She napped in her tights and leotard and was ready to go when she woke up. We actually went at looked at 4 houses with our realtor before dance class and she wore her dance outfit and carried her dance shoes for the showings. Then it was finally time for dance class. I was a little worried because she is very good at talking the talk but doesn't always walk the walk. I knew she'd be going to a room without me and wasn't sure how she'd feel about that. She was so excited, she ran right in with all the other cute little dancing girls. My eyes filled up with tears as I watched her prance away with so much excitement. My baby girl is growing up and I'm not sure if I like it. The girls all came out halfway through class to put their tap shoes on and I wish I would have had a video camera. She came running over to me with the biggest smile I have ever seen and was ready to go back for more. I just love her. I was in dance class from age 4-10 and hope Kadence will continue dance class for at least a few years.
Once we returned home from dance. Kadence immediately put on her dancing shoes and danced around the house until supper. She was showing us some of the things she had learned and was so so so excited!
Oh-At bedtime I said, "goodnight my dancing queen." Kadence quickly replied, "Mom, I'm not a dancing queen, I am a dancing princess!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment