Ryan and I took the kids fishing yesterday. We had heard that there was a small lake right in Barnesville (about 20 miles from Fargo) where you fish right off the shoreline and can catch a ton of sunnies. We had to stop at Walmart in Moorhead on our way out of town (since nothing opens in Fargo until noon on Sunday) to get our fishing licenses and a few supplies. This was mine and Ryan's conversation once we were on our way:
Me: "Ryan, Do you know how to fish?"
Ryan: "Ummmm, no not really."
Me: "Should I Google it?"
Ryan: "yeah maybe."
We are definitely novices when it comes to fishing. We did do some googling and laughing at ourselves but we managed. It was a perfect fishing experience for a couple of novices and young kids. They caught a lot of little fish and were very excited about it!
Landon actually fished on his own and was able to do everything once the line was cast. He was having so much fun.
Kadence was happy to help with her pink Barbie net.
This little lady didn't care much for fishing but was outside and happy about that!
Landon and Kadence liked to hold the fish! I think they liked it more than me!
Kenzie thought she was hot stuff wearing her swim diaper on her head! We fished for over 3 hours with some breaks at the park nearby. I was so surprised the kids kept interest for as long as they did. Ryan and I probably had the most fun even though we don't really know what we are doing!
Apparently fishing is some pretty hard work! The kids were tuckered out and ready for supper and bed when we got home! What a great little day with our little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment