Monday, October 26, 2009

ZooBoo 09


I had the chance to take my little bumblebee to ZooBoo this year. Landon had to stay home since he has pneumonia. It actually worked out okay because he happened to be sleeping the whole time we were gone (he has been taking 3-4 hour naps since he has been sick). Arin was in town so she came with and Ryan stayed home and sulked over the Vikings loss-I mean hung out while Landon was sleeping.

Kadence had an absolute blast. She walked/ran the entire time and either really enjoyed the activities or was just ecstatic to be out of the house after a week of quarantine.
This hand holding business was short lived. She was Miss Independent for the majority of the trip.
They had hundreds of carved pumpkins. I think she stopped to look at almost each one.
Once she figured out that they were putting all kinds of candy in her Elmo basket, she wouldn't let me or Arin help carry it-even when it was heavy and filled to the brim!
This just plain cracks me up. It was kind of chilly towards the end, so Arin and I decided to stop at Starbucks on our way home. While we were in line (an extremely long line), I let her have her basket leaving just some of the candy in it. She preceded to stuff her mouth full-it was HILARIOUS! For a couple pieces, she didn't even wait for help to get the wrapper off!
This is probably my favorite picture. 1.) I don't think she can believe that her mom is letting her eat this yummy candy. 2.) I think she realized that it was ALL hers and she didn't have to share with her brother (until she got home of course).

Even though I was bummed I didn't get to bring Landon, we still had a fabulous time. Since he didn't know the difference anyway, it was fun to have some time with just Kadence.

Landon is finally feeling a little better and hasn't had a fever since Sunday morning. He is on antibiotics for 10 days so hopefully we can get rid of the pneumonia-his nasty cough especially!

No comments: