Monday, April 26, 2010

Kadence's 2 year check up.

My sweet little girl had her 2 year check up this week.  She is doing well.  She was in the 80th percentile for head and height and 60th for weight.  (I wish I would have written down the exact measurements but was a little traumatized).  I was surprised to hear that one of her tubes was still in and working and the other one had just came out but was still in the ear canal.  Thank goodness they lasted over a year and Kadence didn't have any ear infections this year and was not on antibiotics even one time!

Just had to mention how our visit went with the Pediatrician today.  We spent almost 20 minutes in the waiting room reading "Dora Goes to the Doctor" over and over and talking about what would happen when she saw the doctor.  She seemed to understand pretty well and even seemed excited.  Boy did I have a different thing coming.  She screamed (and I mean screamed) any time the nurse or doctor touched her or even talked to her!  I am not exaggerating when I say getting her weight was just as traumatic as getting her shots!  I can't believe how frightened she is about the doctor!  It breaks my heart. I don't think there is anything we can do about it, but hope she grows out of it!

We are so blessed to have such a happy, healthy 2 year old sweetheart.

No comments: