Let's just say I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and haven't taken many pictures and have gotten quite behind on my blogging. It isn't that we haven't been doing things that I would like to share, I have just not really had the motivation to do much of anything!
So, in a nutshell, May has been pretty eventful thus far. The kids and I headed to Omaha the first weekend in May to spend some time with Arin, Kristy, and Jessie. We had good weather and a great time. We took the kids to the Omaha Zoo on Saturday morning which was a blast! It is such a fun zoo to visit and we saw things that we weren't able to see last spring when we went. Landon's favorite thing was the Sharks! He would not stop talking about them before or after. Kadence was a bit challenging and had a rough start but I think enjoyed the trip towards the end. She was very scared of the Train that ran through the zoo, I think just because it was so loud. We also spent a lot of time outside visiting the ponds close to Arin's house. One of the ponds has Koi fish and the other many ducks and geese with their babies. Landon and Jessie had a riot getting sprayed by both Aunties when they were power washing the deck and were soaking wet by the end of it! The kids love their older cousins SO SO much. We had such a great weekend! Ryan worked all weekend and I was so happy to have some company!
Last Thursday the kids and I headed North to spend some time with my family. We took a little bit different route and stopped by Albert Lea to pick up Grandma Betty. We also stopped in Roseville for a visit with Uncle Brad and Aunt Jan. It was good to see them as it has been a long time! We made it to town about 5pm on Thursday which was perfect. Friday it snowed the ENTIRE day. It didn't really stay on the ground but was a crappy day nonetheless. The kids and I ventured out and headed to Superior to visit Jackie and baby Rocco. Baby Rocco turned 1 this weekend so I probably have to stop calling him that... What a great visit we had and the kids all played well so that Jackie and I could have some adult time! Saturday we had the ritual family breakfast and then headed over to Aunty Peggy's for Christina's college graduation party. She finished her Bachelor's degree in 3 years from Concordia-what an accomplishment! The party was fun and it sure was good to see everyone!
Sunday morning we went out for Mother's Day brunch at the Cozy. It was delicious. If you can believe it we stuck the 4 little ones at their own table and they were really good-AMAZING! Mom had been sick all weekend and this was her first venture out! My cousin Amy came with us all too and it was nice to chat with her! This is such a nice picture of my mom and Grandma Betty.
It isn't very often I catch these two lovely ladies in the same place so I had to take the opportunity for a photo. This is such a beautiful picture of my two grandmas-Grandma Betty and Grandma June.
After brunch we headed home and all rested for a bit. I decided I didn't feel like making the drive and stayed another day. It worked out great and my Dad and I and the kids visited the Duluth Aquarium. It is a freshwater Aquarium so it's a little different, but very neat.
The kids had a blast looking at all the fish and so did I. It was great to get out for a little bit and do something!
We had a great weekend as always. We just felt so bad that Grandma Debbie was sick and had to miss out :( It was good to spend time with Jill and Curt and the kids as well as the rest of the family. I had great company on most of my drive and was very happy to have the opportunity to spend so much time with Grandma Betty! Also, I have to mention that my dad, Emma, and I went for two 2 mile walks! He is doing so well with his diet and I am SO SO proud of him!
So, I will try and take some pictures and blog like normal in the next couple weeks-no promises though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment