Ryan and I were able to take a little anniversary weekend get away over the weekend. We dropped the kids off with Gary and Sue and headed to the cities. Our main attraction was our first Twins game at Target Field. We had been very excited for this game for months now! The game was Friday night so we pretty much arrived to the cities and headed over to the field to check it out. We were literally there for over 6 hours-a long time!
Some goofy photos we took outside the stadium.
This is the view from our seats. They were good seats, but unfortunately just under the overhang so it was pretty warm without much of a breeze. The neat thing about the stadium is that there are a ton of places to stop and watch the game and we spent a lot of the game checking out the view. And, of course a Twins game wouldn't be a Twins game without a picture of Joe Mauer. I was very disappointed that my longtime favorite (and secret boyfriend) Justin Morneau was not playing this game and not even visible in the dugout!
A view from one of our stops in the outfield.
I absolutely loved the stadium once it turned dark. It was so neat! They played the White Sox and won! It was a very good game! Perhaps next time I will be able to enjoy a beer while watching the outdoor baseball!
On Saturday (after sleeping in...what's that?), we headed to my cousin Amy and her fiance's new house. We spent the evening with them and had a great time!
We had some much needed adult time but missed our little munchkins like crazy. Fortunately, I don't think they were missing us very much! They were fully entertained and loving life at the farm getting spoiled by grandma and papa! We headed back to Sioux Falls for my 2 night shifts and the kids came home Tuesday, it was so good to see them! I guess I don't really enjoy a clean house and the peace and quiet, I'd much rather have the kids here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment