Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Weekend in Omaha.


The kids and I ventured to Omaha to visit Daddy for the weekend.  It worked out great as Kristy, Tyler, and Jessie came for the weekend as well.  It is always so fun to get together with family and our kids had a blast with big cousins Tyler and Jessie.  We hung out at Aunty Arin's house spending time with the beloved Leonard (Arin's cat) and taking several walks to the ponds.  The kids did great sleeping there for four nights and it was a much needed break for me!  They are always so entertained around their Aunty's and cousins.  

We visited a pumpkin patch on Saturday and had a great time.  It was warm outside which made it very fun.
The kids loved all the animals of course.  Here were some baby chicks that were perhaps getting tortured a little...  Kadence was eager to hold them and touch them and Landon was a little more reluctant.
Love this picture of all the kids.  This tire swing was the hit of the day.  I think we spent more time swinging on the tire swing than anything else.  
Tyler showing Landon how to drive the tractor, scary thought. 
Listening to a little magic show.  I think Landon almost fell asleep.
The three younger kiddos rode on the ponies.  Jessie looks like a natural!
Landon wasn't so sure about the ride.  He stayed on the whole time but just didn't smile a whole lot.  
Kadence loved the pony ride.  She was smiling the entire time!  She wasn't scared but I made Tyler walk by her because I didn't want her to fall off.  
More tire swing fun.  
Kadence's pink spider.  Once she saw the pink paint, she insisted on having something pink.  Maybe she has been reading Pinkalicious too much!

We made it back in time for the end of the Iowa football game (not that it was a good outcome) and had a great supper.  Ryan, Arin, and Tyler got a movie in and Kristy and I stayed back with the kids and watched a chick flick (I wasn't complaining).  

Sunday we ventured to Bellevue to visit the Carlson's which was a fun time even though we were all exhausted from the busy weekend.  

What a fun fun fun weekend getaway.  There couldn't have been a better ending to my long week at home with the kids by myself.  Well...I take that back, the Vikings could have won.  

Thanks Arin for putting up with Ryan and for the great hospitality!  And, also a special thank you to Kristy for getting up with the kids and entertaining them while Ryan and I caught a little extra sleep, they had so much fun!!

No comments: