Friday, December 2, 2011

My Sweet Boy.

Landon is such a sweet, caring little boy.  He does things everyday that just melt my heart.  Now don't get me wrong, he's a pretty rough and tumble little boy, but when it comes down to it he has the biggest heart a 5 year old could possibly have.

Landon plays with a little girl at school named Charlie Ann.  I knew they had been friends before he started talking about her because she would always make sure to say, "bye Landon!" with a big smile on her face every time I picked him up from school.

Today Landon came out of his room and I could tell he had something really important to tell me.

"Mom, Peyton hurt Charlie Ann on the playground today! I brought her to Miss Claire.  Then you know that later, I checked on her to make sure she was okay."

This was definitely one of those moments where you feel like amongst all the struggles as a parent you have done something right.  I gave him an extra big hug and told him that it was very good to be nice to your friends and that Santa saw him do those nice things today.

What a great way to start out the weekend!  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

The Buchanan's said...

It helps to have to wonderful, loving parents! You are bringing up some great kids. :)

Jill said...

He is the sweetest little boy! Having 2 of the best parents in the world certainly helps :) Love to you all