Monday, January 9, 2012

5.

 This little guy had his 5 year well check last week.  It is a couple months late I know, but let's not forget life with a 1, 3, and 5 year old gets a bit hectic.  At any rate, he had a great check up and is progressing just as he should be both physically and psychologically.  Unfortunately, he had to get his immunizations for Kindergarten (Yikes-that's difficult for me already) which consisted of 2 pokes and a mist (5 different vaccinations).  He was a pretty tough guy.

His Stats:

Height: 44 inches- 59th percentile

Weight: 39 pounds 10 ounces- 37th percentile

BP: 93/54  HR: 91
Landon remains the most tender hearted, sweet little boy in the world.  He knows just how to melt my heart every day.  He and Kadence have been talking about "getting married" a lot (I'm assuming from one of their movies) and one day he grabs my hand and kisses it and says, "Mama, can you marry me?"  This little boy is going to make one great husband some day (far far away, like in 25 years.)  We then explained to him that Daddy and Mommy are married and that you can't marry your mom.  I'm not going to lie, I think he was a little disappointed.  Such a sweetheart.

Landon is doing well learning his letters and numbers and writes his name very well.  He can spell his first name and we are working on his last.  I'm not going to lie, Strasburg is not the easiest name in the world.  He loves going to school and is starting to get bored at home with us on days off.  He has so much energy it amazes me.  He still loves anything rough and tumble, playing football, and wrestling daddy.  He loves watching football on TV with Ryan and it amazes me how much of the game he understands.  He even recognizes the different NFL teams and their mascots.  Yikes-I'm in trouble.  We spend many hours of the day playing: CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, Spongebob Yahtzee, Zingo, Crazy 8's, Uno Moo, and 1-2-3 Dominoes.  Landon loves games and is very good at them.  He also plays his leap pad quite a bit and the iPad when we let him.

Love this little boy and we are so proud of him every day.

No comments: