Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snow Fun.


We finally were blessed with 5.5 inches of snow last weekend.  I can't believe how happy a little snow has made me.  I know that at some point I am going to regret my excitement and be so tired of snow that I want to move south.  But, for now I am going to enjoy it!  It is so nice to finally have all the brown dead grass covered up and the snow makes the day a bit brighter.  We have had some decent temperatures so Landon and Kadence have spent an abundance of time playing outside while Kenzie watches inside and dreams of next winter when she gets to chase big brother and sister around.
 Amazingly, this little girl has to be forced to come in the house.  Her cheeks turn bright red and she just looks so adorable.  She is so funny because she gets outside and just starts running.  My little hippy child loves to be free...
 Landon's favorite outside activity....wrestling dad in the snow!  Too Funny!  He also loves to help shovel and cruising around in the sled. 

Love this!
So far, this has been a great winter!  It's amazing how a little more space in our home has also made the days inside much easier.  My days are kept busy practicing the alphabet with Landon and Kadence and playing games, and chasing after Kenzie and picking up her many messes.  Kenzie is like a little tornado and is not afraid of anything.  She loves playing "horsey" and riding around on Ryan and my backs as well as big brother and sister's.  

I'd like to write a day in the life of me story someday.  Being at home with a 1, 3,  and 5 year old sure has its challenges and excitement all at the same time.  Just this morning when I was trying to get Landon and Kadence ready for school and entertaining Kenzie as well I somehow avoided a major catastrophe.  Kenzie loves playing with phones and since Ryan lets her play with his iPhone, she always wants to play with mine.  I just got my iPhone a couple weeks ago and feel as it is my outlet to the outside world some days, so I am not willing to let her play with it.  Not to mention I don't think I could afford another one at full price if she ruined it.  This does not stop her from playing with it if I happen to leave it somewhere in her reach.  I realized she had it (and was hiding) and took it away from her and gave her one of our old phones.  It was literally not 30 seconds later I heard her in the bathroom and went in to find her trying to fish the phone out of a pee filled toilet.  Really?!!  Now I was angry as one can imagine (really, fishing things out of a toilet is not fun) but at the same time, I was thanking God that she only tossed an old phone in the toilet and that it was just a pee filled toilet.  I guess it could always be worse.  

This one keeps me on my toes.  Or somedays on my knees with my hands on my head. 

At least I have the weekend with Ryan on call all weekend to look forward to...

No comments: