Ryan and I took a little weekend getaway and spent the weekend in the Black Hills. The South Dakota Association of Nurse Anesthetists (SDANA) had their conference in Deadwood so Ryan decided to attend (after I chickened out on the Mexico conference) in order to get his continuing education credits and use up his education time and money from the hospital. It was perfect for us because his parents house was right on the way and a great place to leave the kids for the weekend!
We left Thursday and spent the night at the farm and then him and I traveled the rest of the way on Friday morning. I can honestly say that we hardly knew what to do with ourselves. We travel so much with our family that the quiet car was actually a little eerie at first. We rarely leave our children and especially not overnight so this was big for us. It was refreshing to relax and not have to fulfill the needs of 3 children every second while knowing they were having a blast with Grandma and Papa.
Since we aren't big gamblers, and that's what most people were doing instead of going to the actual conference, on Saturday we decided to head to Harney Peak for a hike. It was a cloudy, chilly day but the hike was fun nevertheless. It was a 7 mile hike round trip with a 3000 ft incline. It was beautiful and worth all the hard work!
The above picture was our view from the top. We were in the clouds! Unfortunately, we were unable to see the gorgeous picturesque view that the peak normally has to offer. It was just great to spend the day together outdoors!
We ate a TON of good food, had plenty of toddy's, and had an awesome time doing whatever we wanted to do whenever we wanted to do it. It's crazy how much you can do when not planning around: nap time, bed time, meal time, snack time, bath time, getting in and out of car seats time, diaper change time, fighting sibling time and crabby baby time. It turns out Ryan and I still love each other with peace and quiet and the ability to carry on a conversation without chaos. So, I know we always say this but...we are going to make a conscious effort for some adult time more often!
The kids had a blast at the farm. I know for a fact that Landon and Kadence didn't miss us much and Kenzie only realized she missed us when she saw us. They were far less excited to see us on Sunday than we were to see them! I suppose that is a good thing. They had a blast! Thanks Gary and Sue for taking care of our babes so we could get away! Greatly appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you got to have a little getaway! You deserve it!
Post a Comment