Thursday, May 31, 2012

Girls.

I spend a great deal of time trying to get the "perfect" picture of my kids.  I can never get them to look at the camera at the same time with a real smile on their face.  I always try to capture the smiles like all of the professional (and some not) photos posted on facebook, pinterest, and whatever other social media I'm looking at.  The truth is I am trying too hard.  This is one of my absolute favorite pictures of my girls.  They are not staged perfectly but rolling on the floor.  Their hair is not done beautifully with every strand where it's supposed to be, instead it is messy.  Neither one of them is looking at the camera.  This is real life.  This is pure happiness.  And although I know this picture will not win any awards or be mistaken for a professional photo at the print shop, I don't care.  This picture shows how fun loving these two girls truly are.  They are two of the most feisty sisters I have ever met and I love them all the more for it.  You can hardly tell where one begins and the other ends.  Their beautiful blonde hair blends together as one.  I hope this will be their relationship one day: so close that no one can separate them, best friends.
  I learned a big lesson today.  While it's okay to try and take perfect pictures on occasion, it is not necessary all the time.  Stop trying so hard.  Keep the camera readily available to grab a moment like the one shared in the photos above.  Capture the joys of daily life.  That is what photographing your own children should be about isn't it?

No comments: