Sunday, May 27, 2012

School's out for Summer!

Kadence and Landon's 1st day of school back in September.
Last day of school Friday May 25th!  It was a bright morning and I tried my hardest to get the kids to open their eyes!  The kids had their last day of preschool. They went to school at the normal time and then Kenzie and I met them there about 11 for an ice cream social.
Before I go on, I had to post this picture.  How hilarious is that?  I could not stop laughing.
Landon's class did a little informal program where they sang a few of their favorite songs from the year.  It was fun to watch them all.  Even Kenzie sat still and enjoyed the songs. 
 Landon's class was the older of the preschool kids and will all be going to Kindergarten next year.  They received preschool certificates from Mrs. Peterson along with a big hug!
Kadence's class was the youngest of the kids so they will all have another year of preschool.  Kadence was so excited to have us come for ice cream but spent the entire time with her friend Kendallynn. They ate ice cream together, held hands as they went from one spot to the next, and played together on the playground.  I asked Kadence if I could get a picture of her and Miss Heather and they both had to be in the picture.  So, Kendallynn's mom and I snapped pictures of them both with Miss Heather, I suppose that is an appropriate representation of this school year.  Oh to be a little girl again.
A good picture I had snapped of the kids the previous school day for Pajama Day.  I can't believe how much the two of them have grown in just 8 1/2 months. They learned a ton this school year and had a great time doing so!
Here is Landon's class photo for the year.  Top Left-Max. Top Right-Miranda.  Mrs. Peterson, Caleb (the fastest one, mom), Carter, Levi (with the boat), Charlie Ann (Landon's good girl friend), Addy, Madyson, Landon.  Not Pictured-Abby.

Landon had a little bit of a hard time with his last day of school.  He really liked his teacher and told me he was sad and was going to miss her.  Throughout the social hour he gave her at least 5 hugs.  I don't think he wanted to say goodbye.  In the car on the way home he was staring at the above photo with everyone blocked out with his hand but Mrs. Peterson.  Ryan thought that was weird, I think he just has a big heart.  He also slept with the photo Friday night.  Oddly, he has since then not even mentioned anything about school.  Love that little boy!

Kadence and her first preschool class with Miss Heather.  The photo was blurry in the first place and then was ripped by a tug-of-war match between Kadence and Kenzie.  Kadence wasn't quite as attached to her teacher but talks about Kendallynn nonstop.  Luckily they can play together still!
This has nothing to do with school but I wanted to post Kadence's professional dance picture for the year.  We just received the pictures and the dvd.  It is so fun and I can't wait to watch Kadence in dance again next year!

No comments: