Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BRR...

It is officially winter here in South Dakota! The snow is here to stay and with the wind, it has been a blustery cold couple of days. Today it 2 degrees with a high of 3. The wind chill is -15 to -30. The kids have had colds since Friday night and have been in the house since then. They are feeling much better so today I decided to venture out into the tundra.

Although snow removal is included in our property, it was 8:30 and our driveway was covered with snow from last night and this morning. Knowing with my luck and the up to 2 foot drifts of snow in my driveway there was no way I was going to get out without getting stuck, I had to do something. Normally I might try and go for it with my vehicle, but knowing that there would be no one to help me when I was stuck half in my driveway and half in the road there was only one option-to shovel. I put Toy Story 2 in, had a little talk with Landon, and went outside to shovel. I shoveled the entire driveway myself so that we could get out today. Amazingly the kids cooperated and my fingers and toes did not fall off.

We made it to the library by 10 to watch the puppet show. The kids enjoyed finally getting out of the house and they were amazed by the show. We got home and our twin homes had all been plowed out. HA!

It is crazy what you might do as a stay-at-home mom to get you and your kids out of the house. In the future, I hope they plow us out a little before 10 am.



No comments: