Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas "Treat"


We put our Christmas tree up last week. When we were going to the store to buy it (I mean going to the forest to chop it down), I think the kids thought I said we were going to get our Christmas Treat. We found a very pretty tree and brought it home. I love how it makes our entire house smell like pine-there's nothing better than that.
Aunty Arin was at our house and she helped us decorate the tree. The kids were very entertained by the lights. It is not easy to put lights on a tree with a 3 year old and a 20 month old. Once we got the lights strung around the tree, we took a break from decorating. The kids went to bed and Arin and I finished the decorating over a bottle of wine. This was a much more enjoyable way to decorate.
Be prepared. Any new guests that come to our house are required to spend a great deal of time looking at every single ornament with Landon and talking about his Christmas Treat. He loves it and has not lost fascination with it yet. He and his sister undecorate and I redecorate...it is quite entertaining.
Landon and his Christmas Treat.
Since Landon has been saying Christmas Treat, Kadence also says it. I thought it was just him, but today she was talking about her Christmas Treat. And...I just want to clear up, tree's always look better than they show in pictures :)

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

That is so funny because Emma said the same thing. We talked about our tree, picked it out, set it up, and then she said..."Ok Mom, I'm ready for my Christmas Treat...where is it"

Oh little ones!