I love Friday. When I was working as an RN I never experienced the true love of a Friday. When you work 3 12 hour shifts a week and every 3rd weekend there was really no such thing as a normal work week or weekend. This was actually both good and bad. It was awesome those weeks that your week ended Wednesday and you had at least Thursday-Sunday off and sometimes even longer. It was awful when it was Friday night and your work was starting while most normal people were ready to celebrate their weekend. With my staying at home with the kids and Ryan working mostly Monday-Friday, I have discovered the love for Fridays. It means we get to wake up with Daddy here the next two mornings and can plan family time for Saturday and Sunday (scheduled around the Vikings). It is great! With that said, I love waking up Friday morning and knowing after work today, Ryan will be ours for the next 2 days!
On a side note, our girls are definitely adjusting to sharing a room together. They are doing very well for the most part. They don't always go to bed/nap at the same time and often wake up without waking one another...until the past couple of days. The girls were napping the other day and I heard Kenzie for just a second and then didn't hear her anymore, so I assumed (wishfully thinking perhaps) that she had fallen back asleep. Pretty soon Landon informed me that he heard the girls laughing. So, I stood by the door and heard them, too. When I entered their room, this is what I found. They were playing and as happy as could be.
I think Landon felt left out, he hopped in for some fun, too. I didn't really think too much of these events since they were during the day. Well...last night about 3:30 I heard Kenzie (not uncommon this is normal for her). I was going to get up and get her when all of a sudden I heard nothing. Again, I was assuming she fell back asleep on her own. Had I not been half asleep myself I would have realized the likelihood of her falling back to sleep once she wakes up in the night is not good. So, about 15 minutes later or so I hear, "Mommy, mommy." I went in to the girls' room and the light was on and Kadence and Kenzie were in the crib again. They thought it was play time at 3:30 am. Kadence called me in because she had to go potty and she is afraid to get out of the crib by herself. This is the girl who never crawled out of her crib, we just took her out a few months before she turned 2 when she was potty trained. Kadence went potty and back to sleep pretty easily. Kenzie...not so much. She had been up and playing and thought it was time to be up! I fed her and put her back to bed and I don't think she went back to sleep for at least 45 minutes. Little stinker. Don't worry though, she still woke us all up before 7 this morning!
*I think we probably will only need one bed for the girls when Kenzie outgrows her crib. I have a feeling they will be sleeping together most nights.
Any other day, I would probably be tired and cranky, but it's Friday! The kids are at school and my baby girl is taking a nap (can't imagine why she'd be tired) and I am taking a few moments to myself...drinking my coffee and blogging. Life is good! Happy Friday to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment