We are finally home! We are officially moved in and settled into our new home. We are so lucky to have such a great family that has pained through our 5 moves in 5 years and offered their help moving, unpacking, and decorating. I am not quite sure we would have been able to do it with out all of the love, help, and support.
We closed on the house Friday the 14th. Ryan and I moved a few things over that evening but moved most of our things the next day. With the help of Sue, Jack, Holly, and Ryan's work buddy Nate, we loaded, moved, and unloaded all of our things Saturday. Then Arin arrived and started helping us unpack, organize, and decorate. Sue painted Landon's room Saturday night and Sue, Arin, and Holly painted Kadence and Kenzie's room on Sunday. Then Monday Sue, Ryan, and I (mostly Sue and Ryan) painted the living room and kitchen. Sue and Arin helped pick our paint colors and I absolutely love how it all turned out! Sue left early Tuesday am and Arin and I finished all the decorating. Arin is so talented at decorating and I just love everything! So, in less than a week we were all moved in situated and decorated.
My parents arrived the next Friday afternoon and Ryan and I headed over to the town house to finish up cleaning. They watched the kids for us Saturday night so we could go out to some friends' of ours wedding reception. It was much needed after the month we had!
So, finally we can say "Home Sweet Home" and feel like we will be here for awhile. There are just some minimal things we will be doing over the next year to make some improvements to our home. The home is a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom rambler with a triple stall attached garage built in 2008. The main level is extremely open with vaulted ceilings. There are 3 bedrooms on the main level so the kids are all right across from us. We have finally regained our own room as we moved Kenzie in with Kadence. Kenzie is still waking up once or twice a night and thankfully big sister is sleeping right through it. Kadence didn't want her own room and was excited to share her new pink room with her baby sister. Landon is loving having his own room. It is the cutest boy room ever decorated with football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. They all seem to be sleeping in a little bit longer in the morning. Landon has been sleeping a half hour to hour longer; it is just great! The downstairs was just finished prior to us buying the house, so it is brand new. The downstairs family room is gigantic with plenty of room to play and run. The kids have already spent a lot more time down there than I expected! There is a large very nice laundry room which is home to my new washer and dryer (finally!). The 2 bedrooms downstairs are large and I am so happy we finally have a spare bedroom (with a bed) for our family to stay in when they visit! And the best part...we are sharing a wall with NO ONE (although if I had to choose a family to share a wall with I'd pick the Carlson's for sure). So here's to home ownership and all it entails! We are very excited and absolutely love our new home.
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone that helped us. We appreciate it so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on the new home! It's sounds absolutely wonderful. I look forward to seeing some more pictures of all the decorations and layout. ;) I like getting ideas from other people. haha! Love you and glad you can finally get settled!
Post a Comment