We spent a long weekend at the Strasburg farm. Ryan had the week off, so we headed south on Wednesday. It is always a great time when we go to the farm. The weather was fabulous for the most part and we spent a great deal of time outside. The above photo is Landon and Vinny. We were out for a long walk one morning and Landon was trying to "win." He couldn't understand why Vinny always was winning. Ryan helped his dad a lot and the kids were able to spend a great deal of time with Grandma and Grandpa. Sue and I even got away for a few hours on Saturday for a Gardening expo in Miller. It was interesting and made me excited to do some work in our own yard. Although I could never take enough pictures to capture the "farm experience" the following are a bunch I snapped on a couple of occasions.



The kids and I went for a long walk and spent a ton of time throwing rocks and playing fetch with Vinny. I still find it funny how we buy our kids all these fancy toys and they are much happier outside with sticks, rocks, and dirt. Ironic really. Did I mention we found some mud?
This little girl absolutely loves to be outside. Well, as long as she has cement to walk on. She just really does not love to walk in the grass or on the dirt or rocks. I hope she gets over this soon as I plan to spend an abundance of time in our backyard this summer.
She would have stayed outside forever. There is a lot to explore!
The girls spent lots of time swinging.
The four wheeler was a big hit like usual. But, the Ranger was the kids' favorite thing of the weekend. I don't even know how many hours Landon spent in there "driving crazy" with Papa. All 3 of the kids really liked cruising around in the Ranger actually. As long as I wasn't driving. I tried taking Landon and Kadence for a ride, Kadence cried to go back with Grandma and Landon was bored. Apparently I am not as fun of a driver as Papa. I guess that's okay. Once a mom always a mom. We were all exhausted after the 5 day stay at the farm. I don't think the kids could ever get enough of that place. In fact, they both cried for Grandma Sue when we put them to bed Sunday night!
1 comment:
Love it! Seeing all the pictures and reading about the farm makes me wish my kids would have our old farm to go to. It's funny how Bryce and I both grew up on farms but neither of our kids will get to experience it since our families are no longer there.
Post a Comment